Our Life According to Mommy - A Smith Family Blog

Friday, July 17, 2009

Thanks to the Colossus, I may never be a Grandma!!!

Summer time is here, and I have the sun burn to prove it... :0 I never burned when I was little, I don't know why I do now...must be "old" skin :)

I've been trying to get the kids out to the pool a couple of times a week, just so their summer isn't totally filled with playing Wii and watching Disney Channel 24/7. It is supposed to be 100 degrees this weekend. I love the heat, but I also love the central A/C when I'm done with it too :)

So far we haven't done much more then yard work and the neighborhood pool. We did get to go to Lagoon over the 4th of July. It was actually, really fun. Kids are finally big/old enough to go on most all of the rides. Steph's more like me, a little cautious, but loves riding once she gets the courage to do it once she realizes that she was scared of nothing and goes again.....Tay has no fear at all, will do anything, ride anything....that scares me to death. I'm so afraid of her teen years...I hope I can install a little bit of fear into her by then or else, I may have lots of gray hair. Zach is still too small for a couple rides, but I don't think he is quite ready for those yet anyway. He was big enough to ride the Colossus and went on it with me without blinking an eye until we were heading up that first hill and I think he was ready to jump out...we went and I screamed louder then he did.....and I held on to him as best I could the whole time and kept laughing and talking to him to hopefully help him feel better about the whole thing...but I could tell he was scared to death......when the ride stopped at the bottom before it takes you back to the loading dock, the first thing he said was ... "Is it over?" and I said, "Yes son, wasn't that SO FUN!! (you know, trying to sell it to him a bit...) And he replied by saying again, "Is it over, are you sure we don't have to go again...." and I said, "Yes son, it is over, I promise it won't make us go again unless you want to...do you want to go again? I'll go again with you if you want (still desperately trying to sell it and not feel horrible for letting him go) ..... Just then the ride started moving again to take us back to the loading dock and I think he nearly passed out and turned totally white and looked at me like and screamed "Mom!.... you said we didn't have to go again!!" And hugged him as best I could and said, "No son, we are not going again, I promise, it is just taking us to drop us off, I promise.... I don't think he was relieved until we stopped the the harness popped up..... Later that evening as we were riding the sky ride and enjoying the fireworks from the Centerville bench, I asked if he wanted to try the Colossus again (just teasing him) and he said NO WAY...NOT EVER!! And I said, "Oh son,.... never say never....I bet when you get older you are going to have a girlfriend say... (in my best little girl friend voice) "...Oh Zachy....I love the Colossus.... lets go on that one first..." and you'll go, son, because you like her.... He then replied by saying, "Mommy, I'm never going to have Girlfriend!" That scared me a bit, so I said, "Of course you will, honey... otherwise you won't be able to get married and have babies and be a Daddy....and I won't get to be a Grammy..... Then he shot me the same look of fear that he did after that first stop on the Colossus.... And so I said, "Its okay sweetheart...you don't have to have a girlfriend for a long, long time if you don't want to and you don't have to ride the Colossus if you don't want to... I will always love you ..... even if you are a CHICKEN BOY!!!! ( he then hit me and said, I'm not a chicken boy Mommy...then hugged me and smiled and looked at me with those blue/green eyes, and said "I love you, Mommy..." And I told him to remember that exact look and use it on said girlfriend someday and he hit me again....and that was that.

So hopefully I haven't only scared my son away from roller coasters but girls too....or maybe that is a good thing :).... He is such a sweet and handsome kid (don't know how that happened, still think they switched him at the hospital) but I digress......

I figure he's going to have no problems with girls regardless of the Colossus fear...in fact, with his tan skin and blue eyes, he really resembles an "A Rod" or "Jeeder"...which really scares me .... I figure I'm going to have to figure out a way to wrap him in barbwire to keep the the girls away ... So, now, on second thought, maybe we need to head back to Lagoon ....

If I could only figure out a way to scare the heck out of Taysia too, and I'll be in good shape! Steph and Tay are both going to be more beautiful then I wish they were....The thing that scares me the most is that they will have beauty, brains and absolutely no inhabition or fear....to go with it....a totally SCARY Combination!!

Maybe I'm just going have to invest in a barb wire company, OR better, lock them all in their rooms till they are 21. Steph is 9 and has boys calling already AHHHHHHH.... I should have thought about this before I married my a handsome husband .... I'm going to need help.... However, with the girls, I'm banking on the fact that their father carries a gun for a living and could make anyone disappear into the West Desert to never be hear from again if he really wanted to... He'll most likely still be in the Bishopric by the time they hit dating age too, that should help scare the boys away, I hope :)

Happy Summer Everyone!! AND Only 7 more weeks till UTE FOOTBALL!!! I can't WAIT!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home