Our Life According to Mommy - A Smith Family Blog

Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Utes are 10-0 with a lesson for BYU on how you beat the Horn Frogs....with a Blackout Baby!!!!

"U - T - A - H

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT"



I realized that I may love Utah Football a bit too much this week. I was willing to go stand in the cold with a cold, miss a dance performance of my daughters and blow off a meeting for my church calling all for the "Blackout" game. And Holy Cow, it was totally worth it!!! Okay, before I sound like the worst person in the world, after much agony, Auntie and Shanna took the girls to their performance and I bought the DVD....it was at Auntie's school and supporting her dance team, so it didn't make me feel too bad, plus, the girls would rather be with Auntie over their Mother everyday of the week...and I can't blame them, I love Auntie too, if I had to choose between her and me, I'd totally choose her. As far as the Church calling went, I got to go to 2 of the 3 meetings earlier in the week. All and all everything worked out really well and then there was the GAME!!!! I got to witness one of the coolest games of all time, one for the college football record books, SERIOUSLY!! Thursday night Utah hosted their first Blackout Game with TCU in town. We are number 8 and TCU is 11 hoping to knock us out and take over the top ten and the Mountain West's BCS busting dreams. They plowed over the seemingly undeafeatable Cougars and totally killed their season....it was a bit scary. It looked like for 3 and a half quarters that our season dreams might be just as busted, but this year, I've learned to never give up hope. Brian Johnson is truly better under pressure, seriously, I think that the team just needs to tell him..."okay Brian, there is 2 min left and the game is in your hands" at every huddle and we'd plow over everyone. Having the toughest and most amazing defense in the league doesn't hurt either. With our said defense in against the highest rated defense in the league something was eventually going to have to give...and with 2 minutes to go in the 4th quarter is was theirs!!! When Johnson threw to Brown in the south zone it was complete, I honestly don't know if I have ever felt the stadium rock that hard, it was mind blowing. The Blackout was also super cool to see....the Muss looked really cool in all black.

I screamed my voice out (again), didn't sit down the whole game and after I got to the Stadium I realized I forgot my coat.... (it was about 28 degrees and did I mention I have a cold) and it was still okay, that was the feeling in the air....It was so crazy that some guy threw up next to me and I had no idea until my husband told me today. Preston dressed up like the Joker and I think he made it on TV. Like an idiot, I forgot to record the game....I always do that. So here we are 10-0 and off to play San Diego State next Saturday who just got rolled by BYU today. I hope that we don't over look them preparing for BYU on the 22nd. BYU...always the game of the year, but this year is even going to be bigger! Usually the game is for pride, sometimes for the conference win, but this year it is for it all baby...pride, championship and BCS Bowl Busting Money. The only thing better would have been if both teams had remained undefeated. Poor Cougars couldn't hold up their end of the deal....as they lost their BCS hopes a few weeks ago after getting smashed by TCU. Again, hopefully we can roll San Diego State and head into our Rice
Eccles 11-0 to meet them. Regardless, Nov 22 is going to be a cool day! Chris is off all day and I hope that we get to go up and tailgate before the game with some of his friends from work. When we don't take the kids (which we aren't) we have been taking our friends the Atkinson's. They were there for the UCLA, Oregon State and TCU wins....I think they are our good luck charms, however, I already promised our extra BYU tickets to my sister since it is her birthday and they haven't got to go to a game all year with us and they paid for the fence at our house....I figured we owe them one on top of the $2500 we owe them for the fence. So hopefully they will be good luck charms too. The pics above are Presto, Presto and Spencer (maybe he can be our good luck charm now...) and the field being rushed after the game with the goal post coming down. It was great!

Okay, enough football already. The kids are well, Chris is working his tail off (overtime) for us to have money for Christmas and I am tired and did I mention I have a cold....and no voice. I need to go clean my bathroom and I promised Steph we'd do a spa date in the living room. I did make Tuna Patties for dinner, so I guess it isn't all bad. I'd better get moving....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home